about highbeck stables

Highbeck stables

Jedd began training in the Yorkshire Dales in 2000. Alongside his wife Andrea, he trains from Highbeck Lodge and Stables, part of the Brecongill Estate which is steeped in racing history. Jedd holds a dual purpose licence, with approximately 60% flat horses, and the remaining 40% a team of jump horses.
In 2017, Jedd and Andrea purchased Highbeck Lodge and Stables, and shortly after, they began re-developing the site to provide state-of-the-art facilities. The transformation of the yard was completed in 2021, and the site now stables 60 horses. 

Sam Spinner winning the Grade One Long Walk Hurdle

about jedd and the team

Jedd has been training from Highbeck Stables since he started in July 2000. He and the team strive to get the maximum amount of success from each horse, whilst carefully nurturing their careers and taking great care over each horse's welfare. Jedd has a keen eye for a racehorse, and buys many of his own horses. He also very much enjoys breaking in the youngsters, taking an active role in shaping their futures.

The yard has seen rich success over the years including Listed and big handicap wins on the Flat at many of the racing festivals. In the National Hunt sphere, the team have enjoyed Graded success, including the Grade One Long Walk Hurdle at Ascot.

Everyone at Highbeck Stables welcomes the involvement of all the owners, and takes pride in their pleasure and enjoyment. If you would like to get in touch to enquire about potential ownership, or to visit the yard, please visit the contact page.